Stanford Computer Science Diploma Ceremony
Stanford Computer Science Diploma Ceremony
The Stanford CS Department is thrilled to welcome the classes of ’20, ’21 & ’22 to attend our in-person Diploma Ceremony. We’re excited to finally get to celebrate with you as you walk the stage in front of family and friends.
When: Saturday June 11, 2022 12:30pm-4:30(ish) Note that this is Saturday, not Sunday The doors will be open at 11:00am and a simple box lunch will be available starting at 11:30am.
Where: Maples Pavilion, 655 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305. Note: This is a new site for the Computer Science Ceremony
Please bookmark this page and refer to it frequently as more information and changes will be updated here.
Watch the Ceremony live on YouTube
We will be livestreaming the ceremony live on YOutube beginning at 12:30PM (Pacific) on Saturday June 11. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajgxWKQdq0k
Health and Safety Update
- Clear Bag Policy: Maples Pavilion follows the Public Safety Clear Bag Policy. See the link for details.
- Maples will have a limited bag check station in front of the building, but we cannot guarantee that there will be space available for your bag. Also, please be aware that any checked bag may be subject to inspection when checking it in.
- All attendees are subject to security screening
- The bagged lunches will be available outside Maples Pavilion to reduce the risk of covid exposure due to unmasked eating and drinking indoors. We suggest that you find a spot nearby and enjoy your lunch with your circle of friends and family.
- Proof of vaccination and mask usage is not required, but with rising Covid rates, we respectfully request that all guests are masked when in Maples Pavilion. The Public Health Department and the California Department of Public Health strongly recommend that individuals continue to wear masks in all indoor public spaces.
- We follow all federal, state, and local guidelines regarding public health and safety so please check back here before you arrive.
(All times are approximate)
- 11-12:00 Grad Check-in
- 12:30 Ceremony begins
- Opening Remarks (~10 minutes)
- Awarding of Doctoral Degrees and Hooding Ceremony (~45 minutes)
- Awarding of Master’s Degrees (~90 minutes)
- Intermission (20 minutes)
- Awarding of Bachelor’s Degrees (~90 minutes)
- Closing Remarks
We respectfully request that PhD and MS graduates and guests remain until at least the intermission as a courtesy to the other grads and guests.
Graduates: Important Things to Know and Do
- Bookmark this page and check it regularly for updates and changes
- All graduates should check in between 11-Noon to receive their name card. BS graduates are welcome to return before the start of the intermission. Leave plenty of time to get through the security screening.
- As of 11:55pm June 7, Graduate registration is closed. We will not be able to accommodate any further requests to participate in the ceremony.
Graduate Check-in Location
Outside viewing Area/ After event Gathering Space
- Chuck Taylor Grove which is a short walk from Maples has picnic tables, shade and will have 3 very large screens where the ceremony will be livestreamed. Guests with health concerns are welcome to watch here.
- BS grads whose families are planning to enter near the intermission are welcome to gather here where you can keep an eye on the ceremony, so you’ll know when to head in.
- Don’t wait until the start of intermission as the security check line may be long.
- After the ceremony, everyone is welcome to come to the Grove to celebrate with family and friends. Light Refreshments will be served. It’s the perfect space to see friends you haven’t seen in a while.
For Family and Friends
- For those not attending the ceremony in person, we will be live-streaming the event. On YouTube. The link will be available on Friday June 10.
- Remember to leave enough time to go through the security screening.
- Remember to have your tickets available either in printed format on on your phone. Connectivity may be spotty so we advise you to take a screen shot of the invitation, especially the QR Code.
There will be an accessibility Dropoff tent on Campus Drive right in front of Maples Pavilion. You may drop off/pick up guests needing assistance there. We will have volunteers available to wheel in guests who need wheelchair assistance into the stadium. No one will be able to keep those wheelchairs during the ceremony and they cannot be taken off site to the parking area.
If you need other accommodations for accessibility issues, please email CSCommencementInfo@cs.stanford.edu.
For Information about the main in-person Stanford University Commencement Celebration. Please go Here.
Q: Why aren’t we using Frost Amphitheater and having our ceremony on Sunday?
A: Celebrating the graduation of all three classes across the University means that the available spaces are being used at capacity. Using the air-conditioned Maples Pavilion on Saturday was our best option.
Q: Why are you restricting the number of guests that can attend?
A: Maples Pavilion is an indoor space and the number of graduates we expect to attend means that we have to limit the number of guests that can attend. Each graduate will be able to get up to 6 tickets.
Q: If I’m not able to attend the celebration in person, will I still be able to watch my graduate walk the stage?
A: Yes! We will be live streaming the event. Details on this will be shared on Friday June 10.
If you have questions that aren’t addressed on here, please contact CSCommencementInfo@cs.stanford.edu, but be aware that we may be slow to respond or may not be able to answer your question during the week before the ceremony as we will be busy with other details.
Last Updated 6/09/22